Hello, world! I am officially ABD (“All But Dissertation”) as of last week. This calls for some chow. Below is the recipe for small white beans in a sweet lemony red sauce, to be known henceforth as ABD Beans. They’ll be ready in about 15 minutes, which is 0.00000000001% of the time I’ll be spending on my dissertation.
- 1 15-oz. can of small white beans (these are different from cannellini beans, but I supposed you could use those, too)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped small to medium
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp of your favorite spread (butter, margarine, or olive oil spread)
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more to taste if needed)
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, if desired
This one’s easy: place all of the ingredients in a large pot and stir them together. Cover the pot and cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent and everything is well incorporated (about 15 minutes). Easier than your qualifying exams!